We know that despite the best intentions, meetings don't happen if they don't get on the calendar! As part of the 1:1 setup process, you will have the option to enable calendar event invitations for each of your 1:1s. If enabled, Uptick will automatically create a recurring calendar event for you, sent to both manager and team member.
Any 1:1s that were created prior to this feature release can enable calendar events by editing the 1:1 - see the section below.
Calendar events for new 1:1 meetings
When a manager or team member creates a new 1:1 they will see an option to enable calendar event invitations - the default is set to "enabled". (You can disable this feature by selecting "remove calendar event" from the dropdown.)
Once the 1:1 has been created in Uptick, a recurring calendar event is automatically generated and sent to both manager and team member in your native calendar system.
There are two links included in the calendar event description:
- Go to 1:1 links to the 1:1 on the My 1:1s page.
- Reschedule this meeting or modify recurring schedule redirects the manager to the 1:1 setup page to modify the schedule. If a team member clicks this link, it redirects them to Uptick with a popup window notifying them that they need to ask their manager to reschedule the meeting.
Enabling calendar events for existing 1:1 meetings
Calendar event invitations can be enabled for existing 1:1s by a manager editing the 1:1.
On the My 1:1s page choose Edit from the Actions menu.
Under "When Will You Meet?" you will see an option to enable calendar invitations. Once you have enabled them, click "Update 1:1" in the upper right corner and then a recurring calendar event is automatically generated and sent to both users in your native email client.
Modifying the 1:1 meeting schedule
If you’d like to change the schedule of a 1:1 (for a single meeting or the recurring schedule), it must be changed in Uptick by the manager or the calendar event will not be updated for the team member. Simply changing it on the calendar will not update the meeting in Uptick or send an update to the other recipient.
Rescheduling a single 1:1 meeting
Managers can reschedule a 1:1 by either clicking the "Reschedule" link in the calendar event, or from the Actions menu on the My 1:1s page. An updated calendar event for that meeting will automatically be generated by Uptick and sent to both manager and team member.
Updating the recurring meeting schedule
When a manager updates the schedule for a 1:1 (day, time, frequency, duration), then an updated calendar event invitation is sent to both users. If there is a history of calendar events, the past events will not be changed.
Important notes on calendar functionality
- The “propose a new time” option from the calendar is not currently supported
- Skipping a 1:1 meeting in Uptick will not remove the corresponding calendar event. You will need to delete the event from your calendar.
- If a calendar event invitation is declined, that reply is not sent to the manager or team member because the calendar events are managed by a no-reply Uptick email address. If there is a schedule conflict, managers and team members should communicate directly and not use the calendar event as your sole communication method.
The above functionality with calendars may require authentication with your native calendar system (Google, Outlook, etc.). To make sure you have connected your email to Uptick, check the Integrations page in Uptick to make sure your email is verified. If not, click the button to verify your email.