On the Users page, you can view everyone in your organization that has been added to Uptick.
If you’re an Account Owner, Admin, or Manager (shown by a label indicator next to your name) you’re able to make edits on this page, per your permission level. If you do not have any additional permissions, you are only able to view and filter the list of users.
Use page filters to view different user groups
The Users page shows all users in your organization's Uptick account. “Filter By” in the top left lets you view people by status, manager, and more.
The default filter is set to "Active Users". Click to select a different filter from the dropdown menu that appears.
- “Show All” will display both active and deactivated users.
- “Managers" will display everyone who has at least 1 user assigned to them in Uptick (either through adding a user on the Users page or through the creation of a 1:1).
You can also narrow down users by manager. For example, clicking “Managed by Leslie Knope” shows you all the users Leslie manages:
The filter you apply will remain even if you decide to go to another page or log out of Uptick. If you want to switch back to the default view, set the filter to “Active Users.”
Admins can add new users
An Admin can add new users directly from the Users page. Click the blue “Add a User” button in the top right corner.
If you are not an Admin, you can add a new user when setting up a new 1:1.
See the how to add a user article.
Admins can invite users directly
Anyone can invite a user to Uptick by completing the setup of a new 1:1. If you’re an Admin, you can also invite new users directly from the Users page.
Everyone listed on the Users page has been added to Uptick, but any user who has the option to “send invite” or “resend invite” next to their name has either not been invited or hasn’t logged in to confirm their account yet.
- “Send Invite”: The user was added to Uptick through the Users page or a 1:1 setup, but hasn’t been invited yet. Clicking this button will send an email invitation so they can login and confirm their account.
- “Resend Invite”: The user was invited at some point, but hasn’t confirmed their account yet. Clicking this button will send another email to remind them to join Uptick.
- “Send All Pending Invites”: Clicking this button will send email invitations to any users not yet invited, and a second invitation to any users who have already been invited but have never logged in.
How to deactivate a user
Only an Account Owner or Admin can deactivate a user. This will prevent that user from signing in to Uptick and will archive their 1:1s.
To deactivate a user, click on the user’s name and a pop-up window will appear. “User Status” is shown as either “Active” or “Deactivated”. Select “Deactivated,” and then click the blue “Save” button.
You’ll get a message asking you to confirm this, reminding you that a deactivated user can no longer sign in Uptick and that all the user’s 1:1s will be archived.
Once confirmed, the user will have a “Deactivated” label next to their name. To view deactivated users, use “Filter By” in the top-left to change your list to either “Deactivated Users” or “Show All.”
How to reactivate a user
To reactivate a user, just follow the same process as deactivating by clicking the user’s name, changing their “User Status,” and hitting the blue “Save” button.
You’ll also see a blue “Reactivate” button when you scroll over a deactivated user’s name. Clicking this will instantly reactivate the user.
Reactivated users will be able to sign in their accounts and see all their past data, however their 1:1s will remain archived.